Privacy Statement – What we do with your information
For the purposes of the Planning for Growth project it is essential to seek input and involvement from the public to best plan for Wellington’s future. This privacy statement outlines the personal information we (The Council) will collect over the course of the Planning for Growth project.
We will be collecting your feedback along with personal and contact information through both informal and formal consultation processes via online engagement and media forums (e.g. our website and social media) as well as in person, over the phone, and via email.
The personal information we collect from you includes the following:
- Full name
- Address and suburb
- Email address and/or physical address for service
- Telephone numbers
- Age group or date of birth
- Household demographic information
All submissions (including names and contact details) are provided in their entirety to Council officers for the purpose of analysing feedback and to inform you of updates and outcomes of the consultation. Feedback and submissions (including names and suburbs but not contact details) may be available to the public at our office and on our website. If you would prefer your personal information (including name and suburb) not to be published for public viewing, let us know and we will redact your personal information from your submission prior to making it available to the public. Exceptions to how we will share your information may occur over the course of the Planning for Growth project in order to comply with statutory process under the Resource Management Act.
Exceptions to how we will share your information may occur over the course of the Planning for Growth project in order to comply with statutory process under the Resource Management Act, 1991 (RMA).
During formal engagement regarding the full review of the District Plan, your personal information may be collected and shared as follows:
- All information included in submissions (including name and contact details) are provided in their entirety to elected members.
- Your contact details will be used for administrative purposes only, including informing you about this plan review.
- Your name and address for service will be made available to the public, per the requirements of the Resource Management Act, 1991 (RMA). For more information about these requirements please see Clause 6, Clause 6a, Clause 7, Clause 8, and Clause 8a of the RMA.
All information collected will be held by Wellington City Council. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at Wellington City Council, 113 The Terrace, Wellington NZ 6011.
We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Google Tag Manager
planningforgrowth.wellington.govt.nz uses Google Analytics to measure which pages on our site attract the most interest and to inform our overall communications and engagement strategy to ensure we are engaging with a variety of different users. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
If you would like to opt-out of any of Google Analytics function visit these currently available opt-outs for the web.
Google Ads Remarketing
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook pixel)
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook pixel) is an analytics service provided by Facebook that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on planningforgrowth.wellington.govt.nz. The Facebook pixel tracks conversions that can be attributed to ads on Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network.
This Planning for Growth site also uses a variety of other third party providers in order to provide an easy to use, interactive digital engagement platform for users or the site. The following are the main providers of which the above mentioned information may be shared with.
- Survey Monkey – In order to provide an online survey experience we often utilise Survey Monkey to develop online forms and seek feedback on aspects of the Planning for Growth Project. Information collected here is stored and managed by Wellington City Council.
- Mailchimp – in order to best contact people and keep them informed and up to date regarding the Planning for Growth Project we use Mailchimp as a third party for email management and engagement. Information collected here is stored and managed by Wellington City Council.
- Squiz Matrix™ – we utilise Squiz MatrixTM as a third party for our Content Management System for the Planning for Growth website. Any feedback and information received via online consultations (i.e. online consultations forms within the website and the general commenting forum) on the Planning for Growth website is provided in the Squiz MatrixTM, which is managed by Wellington City Council. Personal information collected through online consultations will be managed in a way that adheres to the privacy statement provided here and will temporarily be stored in Squiz Matrix for the duration of the engagement or consultation.
- Squiz FunnelbackTM - we utilise Squiz FunnelbackTM to assist with the online engagement functionality and search functions on the Planning for Growth website. This is also managed by Wellington City Council.
- MBM (McCready Bale Media Limited) – MBM are assisting with the digital campaign strategy and advertising for the Planning for Growth Project, in which in order to assist with this they may require access to certain Google Analytics™ functions.